Hints on choosing your wedding dress
- You need to bear in mind the type of wedding you will be having as you will need a dress style that will suit that type of wedding.
- E.g. is it an evening wedding, will you be dancing?
- An A-line gown is best for a morning wedding.
- A ball gown is best for an evening wedding.
- It is important to decide whether you want to hire or purchase your wedding gown.
- Ensure you feel comfortable in your wedding gown. “A comfortable bride is a happy bride”
- Don’t settle for a style that is too “everyday”; remember you will only be wearing your wedding gown once. Go for something special!
- Ensure you choose a style that compliments your figure.
- Keep an open mind when choosing your gown; you might be surprised when you try on a different style.
- It is preferable to make an appointment with the bridal boutique before going there to ensure that you get personalised attention.
- When fitting your gown, take a pair of shoes of the same height that you will wear on your wedding day.
- When hiring your wedding gown ensure that you have read the agreement all the way through, before signing .
- Bear in mind the type of budget that you have.
- Keep in mind your own wardrobe when deciding on your gown, as this will help you to remember what you makes you feel the most comfortable.
- If you want to hide large hips steer clear of heavy gathering or pleating on the hip line.
- Don’t wear a strapless dress if you have a large bust. Go for a controlled “lowish” neckline perhaps in the shape of a sweetheart.
- If you want to give the impression of a smaller waist, a V shaped bodice attached to a full skirt will give the desired effect.
COURTESY OF SPOSABELLA